Saturday, August 30, 2014

Andi's New Car

August 27, 2014, Wednesday Day 77

Temperature is hanging in there with a nice 45 degrees.

This morning I walked the back way out of the park to intersect Boydsten near the bridge over the Payette River.  Down at the bottom of the hill is an archery range, that looks still functional, but has seen better days.  There are four lengths of targets, marked 10, 20, 30 and 40, I assume indicating points for hitting the target at that range.  I straightened up a couple of the targets leaving the range in better shape than I found it. There were also climbing rocks for the youngsters.











Nice views along the Payette River and the bridge, including an Osprey nest.  I tried to get some shots of flying Ospreys coming into the nest, as they were flying around, but no success.







Sharon and I went and shopped Studio 55, I assumed named after Highway 55 running through town.  She managed to pick up a couple of goodies.

This evening we went to Tamarack, Al, Steve and Fred, to play in the scramble.  We got two extra shots as we were playing as a threesome and others were playing as fivesomes.  It didn't help any although we shot a respectful four under, we did not get a smell of the money.  The winners shot 8 under.

A strange thing happened to me at the course this evening.  You remember a few days back I mentioned that I lost a sand wedge at Jug.  Well, at Tamarack, while we were warming up, the pro came out with a sand wedge and handed it to me, saying your name is Fred, correct.  I was stunned, knowing for sure I had left it at Jug.  Seems that last week when we were finishing up on 18, I had left the club on the green and one of our playing partners picked it up and was going to turn it in and forgot.  He found it in his bag and turned it in this evening.  I was re-united with my club and the realization the I must have a touch of OldTimersDesease.

Found
 Andi picked up her car today in South Carolina, before she and David head for the aggie game tomorrow.


Andi's New Car
Should have got this one



Finally, Life Is Good.  I can now get LHN on my iPad, via the ESPN Watch app so I will be able to watch the Horns on Saturday. That is if WiFi cooperates.

Strange deal, a sun set in the East.  Setting sun in the west was reflecting off the clouds in the East.






No comments:

Post a Comment